My resume in Word or PDF format
Vision-driven, accomplished, and innovative Digital and Print Designer with clear expertise in design, website creation and management, and social media graphic content creation. Successfully developing strategy to build brands, resolve complex issues with creative solutions, and lead client relations to exceed expectations and meet deadlines in fast-paced environments. Demonstrating a growth mindset and remaining on the cusp of industry trends, technologies, innovations, and best practices while showing comprehensive skills in Adobe InDesign and Illustrator. Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to foster productive relationships with clients and colleagues and inspire excitement around projects.
Strong Graphic Design Background | Branding | Website Creation & Maintenance | Process Optimization | Page Design & Editing | Writing & Content Creation | Maps | Data Grids | Page Layouts | Excellent Verbal & Written Communication | Strategy & Planning | Meeting Deadlines | Team Collaboration | Project Management | Social Media Graphics | Technology Savvy | Growth Mindset & Quick Learner | Customer Service | Creative Problem Solving | Independent Work | Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Build and host WordPress websites for various clients including conducting comprehensive design with Adobe Creative Suite tools
- Support and collaborate remotely with clients distributed nationally through the use of Zoom and Google Meet.
- Carry out extensive design of voter guide magazines of up to 64 pages for distribution prior to major elections utilizing Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Created innovative ways to present information in grid format to reduce repetition and streamline the access to information.
- Act as webmaster for WordPress websites. Built sites implementing tools such as Bricks Builder and Oxygen, post content, perform updates, and maintain sites.
- Create engaging graphics for social media posts and utilize Hootsuite for channels including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Samples are on my Portfolio>Websites page.
Additional professional experience
San Antonio Express-News
Information Graphic Artist
November 1996-August 2016
- Instrumental in creating a wide variety of information and special graphics including maps, data grids, text boxes, magazine layouts, as well as designing and building interactive web projects.
- Collaborate with reporters, editors, and photographers to meet daily deadlines while working with key clients such as the San Antonio Spurs, MySanAntonio.com, Express-News, and graphics that were used by the Associated Press.
- Converted wire service graphics into alternate graphic style and designed magazines for print and online publication.
- Reputed as a subject matter expert and go-to person for the ability to execute projects and successfully turn them around within tight deadlines.
U.S. Army Military Photojournalist
Army/Air Force Hometown News – Kelly AFB, San Antonio TX
- Traveled internationally, writing and photographing engaging stories of soldiers and airmen for publication.
- Information graphics/desktop publishing: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign
- Web programming and design: HTML/CSS, WordPress, Drupal, Oxygen, Bricks Builder
- Video/sound editing: Sony Vegas, Sony DVD Architect, Sony SoundForge, Sony Acid, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Encore, Adobe Premiere
- Remote Collaboration tools: Zoom, GoogleMeet, Slack, Facebook Messenger, Gmail, Dropbox, GoogleDocs, Microsoft OneDrive
- Productivity Tools: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access), Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets)
University of Texas at San Antonio
Bachelor of Arts in English
Immersive, full-stack career accelerator that provides students with 536+ hours of expert instruction in