These are a series of tutorials I wrote when I was an information graphic artist at the San Antonio Express-News. They are designed to teach how to set up a template in Adobe Illustrator and use it to quickly and efficiently create information graphics for use in print and online.
Note: These tutorials make use of a lot of images, so this part of the site is probably best viewed on a desktop computer or tablet with at least a WiFi connection.
- Practical Adobe Illustrator
- Step 1: Setting Up the Workspace
- Step 2: Paragraph Styles, Part 1
- Step 3: Paragraph Styles, Part 2
- Step 4: Character Styles
- Step 5: Creating a Color Palette
- Step 6: Graphic Styles
- Step 7: Symbols
- Step 8: Graphic Conversions
- Step 9: Create a Locator Map from a Google Map
- Step 10: Create Graphs – Pie Chart